Saturday, 4 June 2016

3rd June


Sleepover:  We place an extra copy of the sleepover notice in blue folders. PLEASE RE-READ THIS CAREFULLY. Answers to all questions should be found in there. If you are looking for a yoga mat I saw them at Decathlon in Bedok. Please don't send in full sized mattresses ( it's happened before !) 
NOTE: At 6.30pm (not earlier) Please drop your child at the door leading from the INFANT CARPARK . Don't walk over the bridge from JS. We say goodbye to you and sign the children in B1, outside the Infant Hall.

Thanks to those who have sent wishes to Savaira. Her leg is healing nicely  and she is out of hospital,  now based in the school clinic for the week. Camille made her a lovely card which I delivered today, and yesterday several children came with me and we played a board game with her. She's well enough to be sitting her exams from the clinic !
Thank you !    I received 19 books from our Book Amnesty.  Please do look at home if you have not already.

Swimming is going well this season and I look forward to seeing some of you at the main pool on Tuesday morning for the Gala. There seems to be talk of a parent teacher race in which we transport children back and forth. Bring your swim suits just in case I understand correctly, if interested.

In maths we have been looking at the attributes of a 3D shape. making these spark a great deal of conversation and the use of mathematical vocabulary.



















The week began welcoming our Ambassadors back from Cambodia. I was very impressed with their impressions of the country and the impact the Kuma children had on our ambassadors. They managed to give a very good overview of their trip to the class.


The class were proud and surprised to see Kaito, Tara and Camille leading assembly this week. Congratulations to all 3 for being so brave and confident.
We had our last visit to Happy Lodge today.  K2 joined us as part of their transition. We managed to locate most of the interviewees and share our eBooks with them. One man had tears in his eyes. I treasure these books and the experience the children had making them.


There have been a few transition activities this week. From eating in the canteen, to receiving secret hidden messages telling us more about life in Grade 2, Mrs Strickland taking the class, to a special assembly to hear more from G 2 teachers.  Having taught G2 for 3 years I am certain 1MLN are well prepared for a smooth transition.
Mrs Strickland came to take a morning meeting
Finding messages from G2, left on our iPads   
I do hope that you found SLCs a worthwhile experience. My aim was to have your child recognise the link between home and school, and feel they had a voice between the two. Thanks for crawling under tables to undertake light investigations, recording sound effects for your child's eBook to adding to our Wonderwall. The goals will be sent home in Portfolios before the end of the term.

Independent Writing Projects are well underway. The most exciting thing for the class has been selecting and printing off their own writing paper. A little independence and control over the paper choices has gone a long way.





No comments:

Post a Comment